Welcome

Thanks for visiting

Jeff & Em

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

 I can not believe how quickly my little Kylee is picking up the skill of crawling, she is EVERYWHERE!  It scares me to death because she has a strange fascination with the stairs now.  She can climb up, and... I'm not really excited to see if she can climb down.  I admit, I'm a nervous mother and vividly remember Katie making her way to the stairs the two seconds my back was turned and yes... fell all the way down, stopping on our tile landing.  :(
Kylee has only been crawling two weeks, and is perfecting the skill rather quickly.  I don't know if I'm quite ready for her to be mobile but ready or not... it's that time.


I am CONSTANTLY stopped at the store as people gasp and admire my Kylee's big beautiful blue eyes.  Pictures don't quite do them justice, if you've seen her you know, she has these big piercing blue eyes that catch you off guard because it feels like she is looking into the depths of your soul.  And perhaps she is :)


Kylee has another strange obsession with dog bones.  Anytime Beanie leaves one laying around, once she catches sight of it, she makes a beeline for it (in fact the first time she crawled she was after a dog bone).  This is the look on her face when I took the dog bone she was trying to get.


It's true what they say, if you want your kids to eat well it is IMPERATIVE that you eat well too.  I can never get Katie to eat healthy foods, unless I am eating it and she is taking it away from me. Veggies are a different story, we have to dangle some form of garbage food (cookie, cake, brownie, goldfish etc.) and tell her if she eats her veggies she can have a little.  That is quite literally the only way I have successfully been able to get her to eat veggies.

Kylee learned to clap a few weeks ago and she LOVES to do it


Kylee loves our little dog too :)  I'm glad my kids like animals... except for peanut, Katie HATES my brother and sister in-law's dog peanut who is a bit snippy and will attack unprovoked (snipped at my baby Kylee the other day who was heart broken but had forgotten about the incident after about three minutes).  Poor Katie has nightmares about that dog, but it's good for her to know not all dogs are nice and it's good to be careful.


We have been enjoying this nice warm weather.  Katie would spend all day outside if she could :)  That makes me happy, I am really paranoid about having my kids feeling like they NEED TV, or iPhone games.  I avoid those things when at all possible because I want my kids to learn to be creative in the ways they have fun.  Memories aren't built in front of the TV, I want them to look back on their childhood and have fond memories about all the fun things they did, not all the shows they would watch (but technology sure is helpful when Kylee is sleeping and I am in need of a shower, keeps Katie occupied long enough).


3 comments:

  1. For the record, you are an awesome mom. :) Did my mother ever get you that bread recipe that uses veggies? I need to snag it from her so that I can tempt Jamison with it. He LOVES bread. Anyway, if she hasn't let me know and when I get it I will email it to you. Then Katie won't know she's getting her veggies and you won't have to use so many sweets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I totally forgot you mentioned that! I'd love it, Katie will eat bread like candy :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete