Welcome

Thanks for visiting

Jeff & Em

Friday, August 31, 2012

Blessings even in less than desireable situations

I know I've been whiny about my sick baby... perhaps overbearing for some (sorry about that).  It's just been frustrating and... scary.  I sort of feel like I am fighting a losing battle. She has a horrible diaper rash that I can't do a lot about until her diarrhea slows down, she is losing fluids faster than she is taking them in, the only thing she'll drink is something you really should avoid when sick.

I am aware  that whining about it won't really get me anywhere so, I started thinking and have noticed some pretty nice blessings we've received in this whole mess.

First: I usually do my shopping Wednesdays or Thursdays but I decided to go on Monday (when Kylee was just starting to get sick, but not bad enough to give me much concern), so when it got really bad  I was able to stay home and take care of her.

 She happened to get sick while my husband is in between semesters, so I am not doing this alone.

My husband was able to give her a priesthood blessing, I love having that in my home.

She is drinking something, even though it's milk... and not ideal for tummy troubles she is drinking enough to prevent herself from getting dehydrated.

I have a GREAT pediatrician but today he wasn't in the office, so I went with another pediatrician in the office.  I loved him too.  In fact a had a moment of debate, deciding if I wanted to start making appointments with him, rather than my regular pediatrician, but... I still know our other one better and he is already familiar with my kids (and no I am not one of those moms who takes her kids in for everything) It's nice to have some peace of mind after talking with him, getting advice and... I just love that we have modern medicine available to us.  He knows the struggle I have had to push fluids and told me to call him if I want her admitted to the hospital so they can help me get fluids in her.

Another blessing--and this might sound kind of selfish--but Kylee has been SO CUDDLY.  She is not normally cuddly at all.  Katie would (and still does) give me bedtime snuggles, but as soon as Kylee is done with her milk, she is ready for me to put her down in her bed... usually.  While she's been sick, she's been snuggling with me for hours.  If she is awake, she is more than likely in my arms.  If Jeff weren't here that might be overbearing, but with him here to help it's just kind of nice to be able to just hold my baby and try to make her feel better.




1 comment:

  1. Way to look at the bright side! Having a sick baby who won't take the things that will make her feel better would be very scary and frustrating. I hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete