Welcome

Thanks for visiting

Jeff & Em

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Miss Neglecting her blog here...

My goodness it's been a while and so much has happened. Where to begin?

That's right.. going back to Halloween it was good here are pictures, and that's all I will say about that.


Ok, so as many of my blog readers (all 3 of you ;) ) may know my uncle David suffered a massive hemmoragic stroke a few months ago.
My dad's twin who has never felt like extended family but rather has always felt to me, like immediate family has had a rough few months but he and my aunt are troopers.
 He came very very near to death during that stroke. My heart still hurts remembering how close we came to losing him and I feel overwhelmingly blessed that he is here. The road to recovery will be long for him and his family but how blessed we are to still have him. With each new milestone he hits, we rejoice.
 I hate hate hate seeing/hearing about him frustrated, in pain and struggling but he continues to improve and I have faith that he will continue to do so.
My dad ended up needing surgery because they learned David had a rare genetic condition called Moyamoya, which basically is restricted blood flow in the brain putting him at high risk for strokes and since my dad is his identical twin he had this condition.
Lots of miracles here:
1. Very very few people even know what Moyamoya is because it's so rare. David just happened to have the doctor who is one of the few people who could recognize it for what it is. 
2. Not only was The Dr familiar with Moyamoya, his father was the one who developed the treatment (EDAS surgery) which is very effective in reducing stroke in Moyamoya patients. My dad and David were in good hands
3. The surgeries went well in both my Dad's surgeries (he needed two, so he opted to have them both over with and did them in the same week) and he's almost completely bounced back. He gets headaches which never used to be a problem but... it was brain surgery. 

 Our little ray of sunshine (1 of three very wonderful rays of sunshine) arrived November 7, 2013 at 9:30pm. Ok, let's call it what it was... she was evicted. 
I was done being pregnant and ready to hold the little lady in my arms rather than being kicked in my ribs all night.
She weighed 7lbs 6 oz and was 18.5 inches long.

She is a joy. She loves to nurse (TMI, I know don't worry no picture of that one), suck on her fist,
 bat at toys,
 and snuggle up with her grandpa Geslison (drat, I don't have a picture of that... Note to self: GET ONE!), 
play and chat with mommy
And to be swaddled tight when she sleeps. If she can move her arms she won't sleep longer than a few minutes 
Life as a mom of three is wonderful. We have managed to still do fun things with our girls... 
Play in the snow
Go to nickel mania
Watch movies as a family 
Have a fantastic Christmas 
New Years Eve 
And just be silly at home
Life is good. Perfect? No, but good. We have been very blessed. 6 years ago I was feeling down, as I was told having children would be hard for me. 
Three kids later I feel richly blessed and hope for more children to bless our home (but not quite yet ;) ).

Baby's blessing today was wonderful. She was our first child to not scream bloody murder during the entire thing.
When the conducting member of our bishopric called up those who were invited to participate in the blessing I was thrilled as I watched my dad walk off the stand (he is the stake president and he was presiding) and assist his brother up to the front so he could participate.
I bawled and bawled and bawled. I was so touched and happy to see my uncle have the opportunity to participate (and that he was able to).
The love between my dad and his twin brother was palpable in the chapel as he held on to his brother and tenderly helped him up the aisle. I know my eyes were not the only moist ones in the room (in fact since I have had several people in the ward tell me how touching that tender moment was for then as well).  

My uncle was able to use his priesthood, when a few months ago we did not know if he would survive and then to see my dad and David together. The feelings were overwhelming and I get misty eyed just thinking about it. It was a wonderful day for many reasons.
I am also truly grateful my husband carries the priesthood and was able to perform the blessing.

Ok for all you who don't like cheesiness, you should stop reading now.
Part of my goals for the year are to share my testimony more often and in more ways so here it goes:

I know that my Savior lives. I know he loves us all, even those who ignore or forget the fact that He is there. He loves you. Sorry, you don't have a choice in te matter as He will never ever stop loving you. Ever!
He knows us so personally. He understands us perfectly.
When we pray someone is listening. I know that. I have felt that
I know prayers are answered. Not always in the ways we wish, but in the ways we need. If he always gave us exactly what we wanted, there wouldn't be much growth.
I am so grateful for the many tender mercies I see in the midst of trials and to know in my darkest, lonliest moments someone is always there loving me more than I could ever imagine. That Someone cares, genuinely and sincerely about all my sorrows and rejoices at all my happy moments.
He lives, He loves us and He wants us to be happy. If we follow Him, we will be.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Em, Sorry I feel like I don't really talk to you as
    much anymore so I'm glad to be able to see whats going on in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you say Brook was evicted. I've never thought of it like that! Lol. And thank you for taking the brave step of sharing your testimony. :)

    ReplyDelete