Welcome

Thanks for visiting

Jeff & Em

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Today was my little Princess Kate's 3rd birthday. I can not believe it's been three years! She loved waking up (unfortunately her excitement woke her at 5:30am) to our living room all decorated in with princess stuff and pink and purple balloons/streamers. I had hoped to do a Tangled theme but that stuff was too expensive. She got a Tangled birthday banner, a few rings and some paper plates. She didn't care, she just loved waking up to the decorations.

After I put her to bed last night, she kept getting out asking, "Am I three yet, mom?" She was so excited for her birthday, and she LOVED having a day all about her.


I'm not going to lie, she didn't care too much about the gifts. She unwrapped them and played with the balloons. She was very appreciative of anything she got though. In fact, I got her tempura paint and a large, heavy roll of butcher paper. When she opened it she excitedly yelled, "Toilet Paper!!! Thanks Mom!!" It made me laugh to think she would have even been happy to receive toilet paper for her birthday.
Word for the wise: DON'T buy the dollar store Barbie knockoffs. We opened the box and the doll fell apart (literally). It was the end of the day, Katie was tired anyway. She opened the box and her eyes welled with tears when, as soon as she held the doll, the arm fell to the ground. We put the arm back on and both legs popped off. That made her cry. DANGIT!!! We did so well, fortunately it did not ruin the day. We were able to distract her, and I think for Christmas we'll try to find a real Barbie, that won't fall apart when she plays with it. I didn't realize this but... Barbie clothes are EXPENSIVE... the cheapest clothes I could find were like 5-10 bucks, for ONE outfit. If anyone knows someone who is trying to get rid of Barbie stuff please, let us know I can get the Barbies at the DI for 1-2 bucks no problem, but I have yet to find clothing for Barbie at the DI.

Yes the Balloons were a favortie of the day. I asked Kate what she wanted for her birthday and all she said was: 1. Cake 2. Balloons.
Kylee wanted the camera... her mean momma
This is just as Katie is collecting her 12 balloons together. She tied them around her waist and asked, "Why am I not floating." Ha ha ha, oops! To the makers of "Up": You have deceived my daughter ;) Ha ha ha, it was CUTE!
What she wanted for breakfast: A cookie. What she got: A banana and toast.. and if she ate that a half of a cookie. Please note: they were super cookies, a half was probably like one normal cookie (does that make me a mean mom? I know it's her birthday but..I can't just let her eat only crap for breakfast)
Tempura paint + Butcher paper = LOT of fun for Katie. My little artistic girl.


We let Kylee try too... but she tried to eat the paint so that didn't last very long
Katie Blowing out her candles
The Cake, my husband made it. He's creative! Katie LOVED it, and that was really what was important. But... she likes sprinkles, she'll lick the frosting but the cake itself she doesn't care for. Why she asks for it, I do not know.

While Jeff worked on this Katie and I played at Seven Peaks. Katie LOVES WATER! So Seven Peaks for her birthday was a great idea (sadly no pictures though, I forgot the camera and my phone went dead :(

Kylee butchering the cake
I know, I should've saved her first cake for her first birthday but... it's in two weeks and she REALLY wanted what everyone else was eating.


Overall the day was a huge success !

1 comment:

  1. Too stinking cute! I'm glad Katie had a fun birthday. My sister has tons of Barbie stuff. I don't know if she's willing to part with any of the clothes, etc. but I will try to remember to ask. :)

    ReplyDelete